Thank you for your interest in contributing to The National CIO Review (TNCR), a nationally-followed, online publication dedicated to both the community of chief information officers and the broader technology industry. Since its launch in 2017, TNCR’s subscriber base has grown to over 30,000 technology leaders and we are adding 50+ new subscribers each week.
The following are our guidelines and terms for contributors:
- We are interested in articles on unique and original topics and ideas that have wide appeal to CIOs and aspiring CIOs across industry lines. If you’re not familiar with what TNCR publishes, please spend some time browsing the TNCR website, especially our Interviews With Technology Leaders.
- Articles must be original and exclusive to TNCR without express written authorization from TNCR.
- Authenticity is critical. Search TNCR’s site to see if articles on your ideas have already been covered, though we do welcome counter analyses.
- Target 400-1,000 words per article. Refrain from jargon and undefined acronyms.
- Cite trustworthy sources; link to your source for cites and statistics, if possible.
- Consider making your article easier to read by utilizing subheadings to break up long expanses of text.
- Avoid self-promotion. Ensure that your article is vendor-neutral. Disclose any financial relationships you have with companies or individuals you write about/link to. As a general rule, TNCR’s readers should not have to make a purchase in order to utilize the article’s advice or ideas. If the proposed solutions in your article are a service or product that your organization or affiliate offers, your article is promotional. For sponsored content inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nearly every article considered for publication will require revisions for clarity and style. There is no guarantee any article will be published (or if published, will remain so).
- Regardless of whether TNCR asked you to write it and whether you have written previously for TNCR, we must receive the full draft before officially accepting a piece. TNCR retains the right to make the final decision on headlines, images, and overall content.
- With your first article, include with your submission a high-quality, professional-looking headshot of you and a two to three-sentence biography.
- By providing content and images to us, you (1) represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you provide, that the content is accurate, and that it will not cause injury to any person or entity; and (2) grant TNCR, and its affiliates and related entities, a royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from all information and content you provide to us, in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. You also grant TNCR and its affiliates and related entities the right to use your name, likeness, image, appearance, biographical information, statements, and any other information about you that you provide in connection with its use and with the reproduction or distribution of such material, and also grant TNCR the right to use any material, information, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any content you send us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information. TNCR holds the copyright on the finished product. Authors own the underlying ideas of the article. TNCR does not pay contributing authors. Without an express written agreement to the contrary signed by an authorized TNCR representative, all rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for compensation of any sort to (or review by) you.