Performance psychologist Tom Young has worked closely with teams and individuals at the highest level of professional sport. He has seen how leaders in these high-pressure environments communicate, how they maintain focus and respond to challenges.
In The Making of a Leader, Young shares the practical principles of sustained elite performance and shows how any individual can add value to their own business or organization by applying these insights.
You will learn how to develop a leadership philosophy that is true to your values, effectively manage and get results from individuals and teams, establish a high-performance culture and bring value to your organization – in short, the ingredients that make a leader. These lessons are based on interviews with:
- Stuart Lancaster, current Leinster coach and former Head Coach of the England national RFU team
- Ashley Giles, ECB Director of Cricket during England’s 2019 World Cup win
- Gary Kirsten, record-breaking former international batsman and World Cup-winning coach of the Indian national team
- Dan Quinn, Head Coach of Atlanta Falcons and a Super Bowl winner with Seattle Seahawks
- Roberto Martinez, FA Cup-winner and Belgium national team manager
- Sean Dyche, Burnley FC manager
- Michael Maguire, Head Coach of the New Zealand national rugby league team